Vasil Management Company, Inc. d/b/a Village Management Company (VMC) is the property management agent for most of the properties in The Englewood Group’s portfolio.
VMC manages more than fifty-eight (58) rental properties, containing in excess of 2,200 rental units. Its portfolio consists primarily of affordable rental communities, with some market-rate rental properties and commercial office space.
A management team consisting of Regional Managers and a Compliance Specialist, supervise and train local, on-site managers. The VMC team excels in ensuring its properties are well maintained and operated. In addition to operating financially successful developments, VMC strives to create a beautiful home and community environment for its residents.
Experience with Government Housing Programs
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program (IRS Section 42)
- HUD Section 8 Program
- Rural Rental Housing Program – Section 515
- Rural Development Farm Labor Housing Program – Section 514
- Rural Development Section 538 Program
Continuing Education and Training
VMC employs a full-time Compliance Specialist who provides both oversight and training to all property management staff on all compliance issues.
To ensure proper management and compliance with all applicable housing programs and fair housing regulations, the staff is also involved in numerous forms of continuing education and training including:
- STAR Spectrum Seminar Series,
- Elizabeth Moreland Consulting, Inc. Seminars,
- Rural Economic and Community Development Annual Meetings,
- State Housing Agency Sponsored Seminars,
- Apartment Association of Indiana Education Classes,
- Fair Housing Seminars
Award Winning Results
- 2020 Site Manager of the Year-Senior Property, State of Indiana – Englewood Place
- 2019 Site Manager of the Year-Senior Property, State of Illinois – Village Apartments of Fairfield
- 2019 Site Manager of the Year-Family Property, State of Indiana-Village Apartments of Seymour
- 2019 Maintenance Person of the Year, State of Indiana – Englewood Place